1:02 p.m. - 2006-06-18
my dad is better than your dad
20 Reasons why my Dad is better than your dad:
1. He's always been around. I am one of the few lucky people who have had my dad around since day one.
2. He's set an example of how men are to treat women. My father and my grandfather are/were both very much the patriarchs of the family, yet they were both husbands and fathers to 3 girls each. We girls have been their hearts and they always treat us with the utmost respect.
3. He can fix just about anything.
4. He is wickedly funny.
5. He is secretly a softy.
6. He puts up with the crap from 3 very headstrong and very independent daughters.
7. He drove with me when I moved to CAlifornia.
8. He's always supported me in my crazy ass decisions.
9. He and my mother made it possible for me to become a homeowner.
10. His eyes squint up when he laughs really hard, just like his mom's did.. and it's really cute.
11. He's a really cute dad.
12. He's always accepted my friends, no matter what.
12. He came up with the nickname "butt" for Jamey years ago, though none of us can remember why.
13. He has helped me every step of the way in making this townhouse my home. He's painted, he's helped me clear out the backyard, he's fixed stuff, he's installed things...
14. He's always put our family before anything else. ALWAYS.
15. I know that if I ever need anything, all I have to do is ask.
16. He taught me how to be strong.
17. He taught me how to take a joke.
18. He's instilled in me a strong work ethic.
19. He's shown me that sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice things for the greater good/goal.
20. Last but not least.. is because he loves me.
previous - next